Joey Secretmenu and Tommy Nickname come together once again to discuss how to tell if the Oi! band you’re listening to are Nazis or not, as Joe misremembers Disney lyrics and Tommy starts thinking we’re the fucking BBC or something. With music from Inadaptats, Scumheads, Charles Albright and more! Tracklisting after the break.
Some call it gruff punk, others call it orgcore or beard punk. Others say “fuck off there are too many genres already.” Here are 101 rules of punks most poorly defined genre.
1. Do your best to resemble Ron Swanson, its the beard punk way.
2. Never dance at shows and freak out if someone so much as bumps into you by mistake.
3. Gruffness is more than a vocal style. It’s a zen state of being super-pumped and depressed at the same time.
4. Assume that just because you don’t wear your stretched ear plugs anymore that the holes aren’t there.
5. Why are beards so crucial to gruff punk? Because otherwise gruff punks would look like Mike Ness.
Tommy and Joe, the dynamic duo of dead air, come together again to discuss nicknames for the police, Pitbull and their origin story, while playing lots of loud and fast music. Featuring Tercer Mundo, Night Birds, Zippers to Nowhere and more. Tracklisting after the break.
Tommy and Joe discuss musical terminology, Tom Petty’s unheralded influence on boring things, and why fake punk is the best punk. Featuring songs from Hysterics, Atom and his Package, Grabass Charlestons, Downtown Boys and more. Tracklisting after the break.
FULLTHROTTLELAZY EPISODE 59 DOWNLOAD NOW!